Re: Help: postfix confusion

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:56:36AM -0800, counterattack_@eml.cc wrote:
| Hello, please reply directly to me since I'm not on
| the list and won't be until I can use my ordinary
| email address.
|
| I use a dialup machine, and KMail as my mail client.
| When sending mail, I use the `sendmail' command
| provided by postfix.  But like sendmail it tries to
| send mail directly using mylogin@debian, where debian
| is my hostname.  I can't get it to force a send as
| "jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au" like I could do with sendmail
| using sendmail -f jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au.
|
| How can I get postfix to set "from" correctly?

$ man canonical

Then put
    mylogin  jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au.
in /etc/postfix/canonical and run 'postmap /etc/postfix/canonical'

If this doesn't work I'll test it myself <0.5 wink>.

-D

--
A wise servant will rule over a disgraceful son,
and will share the inheritance as one of the brothers.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/