Re: jabberd start-stop-daemon

* Jamin W. Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net) wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 01:04:09PM +1100, Peter Lavender wrote:
>
> > I installed jabberd from .deb.  However jabber won't start from the
> > start stop script /etc/init.d/jabber
>
> Which version of the package?
>
> > I can however start jabber from the commandline as root.  Since I
> > could do this I thought it might have been a permission problem.
>
> You are trying to run the init script as root, right?

Yep...

> > At this point I still don't have jabber starting and I'm not sure
> > where to look now.  Any help appreciated.
>
> Change the first line of the init script from:

Thanks... however during my mucking about got it working again by taking
out the -c opiton for start-stop-daemon.  It was -c daemon.

So I think it might be a permission problem, that the daemon user can't
read a directory it needs fro jabber to run.

I'll admit that it did work when I installed Jabber, but during the
fiddling with the config file for jabber something broke.

Pete
:wq