Re: How do I get the install disks to recognize my network?

John Fisher wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm having the exact same problem. I purchased and
> installed the DFE-530TX+ Driver, disabled the onboard via the BIOS,
> and tried with the 2.4 floppys.  Again, no network option appears,

Should work.  Note the *should*.

> nor is there an explicit 8139too driver option in net.

You won't see the 8139too since it is built into the bf24 kernel.  For
the built in modules you don't need to select them.  (But once you
upgrade to the tuned performance kernel then it goes back to being a
module and you *do* have to select it there.  Note that for later.)

> But you know, I feel like I'm getting closer. I'm probably not, but
> I'm telling myself that to keep my spirits high. :-)

Gosh, I think you are close.  But at this point I don't know what to
suggest.  The bootfloppies installer should be asking you for a system
name, defaulting to 'debian', choose something you like, and asking
you if it can DHCP or if you need a static address.  If possible pick
DHCP and then it should follow from there.

Double check your connections.  Verify that you are getting LED
connectivity lights on your card or switch if you have LEDs.  I think
you should be close right now.  At this point it is bound to be
something very small that is causing the trouble.

Bob