Re: Really Confused

Bill said:
> Hi,
>
>     I currently have Debian 2.2 R7 I3 installed and I am not sure what
> release I have whether its stable or unstable. I think I have unstable? I

neither. 2.2R7 is the "old" stable, made obsolete by the 3.0
release last year. Looks like 3.0 was released on July 19 2002

I strongly reccomend you upgrade to 3.0r1, I have upgraded about 20-30
systems from 2.2 to 3.0 and it's been nearly flawless.

simple to upgrade:

check /etc/apt.sources.list be sure they have entries for 'stable'
or 'woody' (best to use HTTP/FTP mirrors IMO instead of CD)

apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade

and away you go .......

nate