RE: Spam filter reviews?

I have been using BMF ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/bmf/ )  for about 6
months with procmail on woody, utterly impressed.

The developer answers email on the mailing list very quickly and as far as I
can tell noone has found any bug since I have been using it.

.deb supported.

I can't see how rule based systems can keep up with the spammers in the long
term so I did not even bother looking at them.

I have seen the spammers change their techniques several times over the last
few months, they seem to be misspelling words more these days, I suspect
that is to avoid rule hits.
bmf catches them as so many of the other words are statistically associated
with spam, after which the new spell1ngs gradually work there way in to the
bad word corpus.

In fact I would say that the actual spam messages are getting smaller and
smaller, perhaps that is a response to the bayesian approach.  Less words in
the message, but more words mispe1t.

I do occasionally have to reclassify a mail, but I just move it to another
folder and a cron job runs each day.

It is still mildly annoying to have to download the spam in the first place
though.

I got some sms spam the other day. :(

They also put ads before movies on video and cinemas.

Matt