Re: caendar recommendations

-- Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> wrote
(on Monday, 17 March 2003, 01:57 PM -0500):
> I'm looking for a calendar program (not a full groupware suite) that I
> can use from home and at work.  At home I use a mac, so I would need
> either something that makes the calendar web-accessible (and
> password-protected),or (less desirable) a text-based calendar that I
> can access via ssh.
>
> I tried apt-cache search calendar, which brought up a numbero f
> options, but the most promising of these (php-groupware) wanted to
> uninstall php4, which I need for something else.  And I also have
> mozilla-calendar installed (using the mozilla 1.2 woody backport) but
> (1) in general it doesn't sseem to be functioning so well (e.g., the
> "publish" option doesn't seem to produce any files, far as I can
> tell), (2) from what I can see it doesn't produce a browser-accessible
> calendar, which is what I want.

I use remind for my alarms and, to an extant, to keep track of stuff on
a visual calendar. It is text based, and it takes a bit of time to
understand the syntax. However, it is very powerful, can be run as a
daemon, and certainly fits with the "unix" way of doing things.

remind also has a companion program "rem2html" that can create an HTML
version of your remind file.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net