Re: caendar recommendations

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 01:57:11PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> I'm looking for a calendar program (not a full groupware suite) that I
> can use from home and at work.

What do you intend to use it for?

> At home I use a mac, so I would need
> either something that makes the calendar web-accessible (and
> password-protected),or (less desirable) a text-based calendar that I
> can access via ssh.

You may find this usable:

http://sherohman.org/software/index.html#LowCal

The version called "current" there is an Apache module, which makes
it a bit of a PITA to install, but I'm currently finishing up a CGI
version (with user logins and better web-based administration), which
is a lot easier to set up.  The main thing missing from the rewrite
at this point is support for automatically creating instances of
recurring events (although the original version's lowcal-update.pl
will work with it).

Oh, and my development platform for the new version is a PowerBook
running OSX, so I know it's Mac-friendly on both the client side and
the server side.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that