cdr + weird unclosed udf + linux?

Hi,

I got sent a weird CDR (not RW)

all of these fail with a bad superblock / too many filesystems error

mount -t iso9660
mount -t vfat
mount -t hfs
mount -t udf

I even tried the packet writing CDRW device (which works fine
incidently - I can read read and write udf CDRWs without a problem -
and read and write to them at work using Nero InCD)

I couldn't get it to read in either my cdwriter or reader at work under
windows. IsoBuster (a win prog) told me that it was a udf CD, but I
had to pay them money to get a version that can actually get the data
off...  Nero claimed there was an open session, but baulked at the
idea of closing. cdrecord suffered a simlilar fate.

Eventaully I got it to read in a machine with a burner and adaptec's
DirectCD installed.

trying dd caused my machine to crash really hard... What does it mean
when the caps lock and scroll lock lights on the keyboard are flashing
and nothing will respond????

Never mind - doesn't matter...

Surely there is a way to read this thing under linux???

It's the principal of the thing...

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3