Re: Fluxbox with and without Debian menus

Rob Weir wrote:

That is odd, I'm certain that fluxbox has integrated into the Debian
menu system for me in the past.

See, what is really odd is that fluxbox installed all sorts of default files, like keys, init, and menu, into ~/.fluxbox/ and /etc/X11/fluxbox/ on my laptop. On my desktop, those files don't exist, but the directories do. So far I have found a work around, since I copied the menu file from the laptop to the desktop. Obviously the menu is incorrect, but once I deleted the menu, update-menus apparantly found out that fluxbox existed and created a Debian menu for it.
Unfortunately I still had to copy a keys file over as well.

The only things that are different is that fluxbox was the first thing I installed after X on my laptop, whereas KDE was the first thing on my desktop. Also, the apt sources are different. I can't think of anything else.