From: nate [mailto:debian-user@aphroland.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 1:41 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Installed iptraf ... lost XWindows

Stephen Handley said:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm hoping someone out there can help me.
>
> I'm running a Debian (Potato) box as my home server.
>
> Recently I did an
>
> apt-get install iptraf

what is in your /etc/apt/sources.list ?

sounds like it may have 'stable' entries, and sounds like you may of
asked it to install the 'stable' (aka woody) version of iptraf, and
it sounds like the system tried to upgrade a bunch of other stuff
in the process.

what does cat /etc/debian_version say?

what about the output from ls -l /lib/libc.so.6*

nate