Re: making nvidia drivers

I did this up throught the "debian/rules binary_modules" command, where I got the following error:

nv.c:22: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [nv.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel-1.0.2880/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

How do I fix this error?
Thanks

Mpiktas wrote:

I went to the nvidia_kernel dir and typed 'make install', but it said "*** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop." The nvidia_kernel dir is under /usr/src/modules. I have made a .deb file from /usr/src/modules for some alsa-modules, but I can't remember how to do it. Any ideas?
Thanks

First of all read documentation in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src and /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src

If you want to make .deb package you must do in command line

export KVERS=your-kernel-version
export KSRC=the-place-where-your-kernel-headers-are

cd /usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel-blah-blah/

debian/rules binary_modules

then

cd /usr/src/nvidia-glx-blah-blah
dpkg-buildpackage

then cd /usr/src/ and
dpkg -i *.deb

Then change XF86Config appropriately and voila. But read the documentation first, it is not long, but very helpful:) And browse the list archives.

Mpiktas

--
This was the most unkindest cut of all.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

The fashion wears out more apparel than the man.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing"