RE: Debian and LDAP

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 03:09, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:
> I've attached two Perl scripts which may or may not
> come through.  One is the LDAP-aware version of
> useradd, the other the LDAP-aware version of passwd.
> If they don't come through, let me know and I'll
> send them privately.
>
> You don't have to create all the accounts manually,
> there are "migration tools" to help complete this task.
> IIRC, http://www.padl.org/ has some scripts.

Well, I don't have to "migrate" users, I still have to create them.
(It's an all new infrastructure).

> As for a user being a member of multiple groups,
> the groups go into a separate organizational unit
> ("ou=groups", usually), and each user that is a member
> of this group is included under this, "member: username",
> IIRC.
>
> HTH.
>
> j.

Thank you (and all the others who answered).  Your help is very
appreciated.

Another question:  programs like Evolution and Outlook allow one use an
LDAP directory as backend for Contacts.  Which entries are used exactly
for all that?

Aaron Isotton                                 [ http://www.isotton.com ]
--
Robustness, adj.: