Re: NFS hangs??

Alvin Oga wrote:
> > /usr/local/music        192.168.0.0/24(ro,sync)
> (ro,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192)  might be better

I recommend against 'soft'.  Running 'soft' allows errors to cause
data corruption.  Been there, done that, won't do it again.  The man
page documents this when it says "Usually it just causes lots of
trouble."  :-)  I think 'intr' is okay though.

As to the original trouble, check out the errors that are undoubtedly
occurring in /var/log/syslog.  Try running tcpdump at the same time
and see if there is a clue as to why you are hanging.  Run 'showmount
-e servername' and see that you are allowed access.

Bob