Re: message from cron

John F. wrote:
I am getting about 60 or so messages a day from the cron daemon. I would like to stop them coming, but I don't know how. I would think if I disabled the netnews server, but it doesn't show up as being enabled with "ksysv", so I don't know what to do. A complete copy of one of the messages is below:

From: root@debian (Cron Daemon)
To: news@debian
Subject: Cron <news@debian> test -x /usr/bin/rnews && rnews -U

Hostname does not resolve or 'domain' in inn.conf is missing

Thanks

If you don't want any output sent to you, pipe the cron job output somewhere. 'test -x /usr/bin/rnews && rnews -U' would become '(test -x /usr/bin/rnews && rnews -U) > [somewhere] 2>&1'. [somewhere] can be /dev/null or something like /var/log/rnews-cron. The cron script that needs to be edited is probably in /etc/cron.d/.