Re: mozilla sans gnome = crash

I posted this a few days ago but go no responses.  I'm trying again in
hopes someone will have a suggestion, even just pointing me to another
groups in which to ask.

Here's the scoop:

Using woody, when I'm running a plain X session (without Gnome), both
Mozilla and Galeon crash at the drop of a hat.  So much that they're
virtually unusable.  But when I run a Gnome session, everything is
very stable.

Any idea why this happens?  Or how to fix it?  I'd prefer to run a
straight X session, since I don't use any of the features of Gnome and
it just wastes memory.  But I can't have my browser crashing all the
time.

I'm using FVWM for both the X session and the Gnome session, but I've
also tried other window managers with the same results.

I haven't noticed problems in other applications, except that
FlightGear runs _very_ slowly under straight X, but is quite speedy
under Gnome.

Thanks.

--
David Zelinsky