Re: Duplicating Woody Package?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:21:31 Robert L. Harris wrote:
Thus spake Shaun Crossley (shaun@whatever.ca):

> In the past, I've used the following to perform that task:
>
> 	dpkg --get-selections > myselections	(on the source
> 	dpkg --set-selections < myselections	(on the target
> 	apt-get update && apt-get upgrade		(on the target

Looks great and seems to work except for the upgrade.  On the second
machine I do the "--set-selections" portion then the update and upgrade.
It says nothing to upgrade, nothing to install.  If I edit the file and
remove the trailing install/deinstall then insert an "apt-get install "
at the beginning of each line it does however install quite a few.

I was wrong. If you do an "apt-get dselect-upgrade" instead of an "apt-get upgrade" it should work as advertised.

(I see that this has already been mentioned in the thread. My apologies for the misdirection.)

--

Shaun Crossley
mailto:shaun@whatever.ca