Requesting the resending of digests

I just activated my dialup to retrieve email... received 18 messages,
mostly debian-user-digest... the exim log on the gateway shows them
being passed on to the main box... the exim log on the main box shows
that exim didn't even run. And the 18 messages have vanished into thin
air.

My question is not why this has happened. I'm pretty sure it was my
fault. My question is: Is it possible to either request that the
missing digests be resent, or to download them in a format identical
to that in which they were emailed?

I realise that I can download the digests from FAQchest, but in that
form they are full of HTML tags and other rubbish, so I can't simply
whack them into my digest-burster and maintain the consistency of the
threading. If I could download them in unadulterated form, that would
be much easier than downloading a mucked-up version and writing a
script to clean it up.

Am I in luck?

Pigeon