Re: Problem with libc6

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:42:49 +0000
prueba1@isabeldeespana.org wrote:

 +++-==============================-==============================-==========
> iHR libc6                          2.2.5-11.1                     GNU C

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would answer you. But it looks like you're about to reinstall your system, so I'll try.

I see you're trying to install libc6 2.2.5-11.1. The latest version shown at packages.debian.org is 2.2.5-11.2.

I recommend deleting the libc6 package in /var/cache/apt, and getting the latest version from stable.

If you get error messages when you try to install the newer libc6, I recommend reading about the --force options in the dpkg man page. (Normally I would not recommend --force, but this is a last resort.)

Kevin