Two Debian Release Cycle Issues

Hi,

First of all, apology for my poor English. This following
is *NOT* a complaint, but I would like to know if I have
got the picture correctly in regard of the Debian release cycle
(e.g. from Woody to Sarge). Please let my know the URL if
this issue has been discussed before.

* The Essential Packages Issue

I guess that there are a few essential/ very important packages.
(100?) compared with the whole set of Debian packages (10000?).
However, the amount of packages (100 or 10000) has very little
relation to the Debian release cycle.

* The Multiple Architecture Support Issue

Each additional architecture support will significantly increase
the Debian release cycle, including security update, as well as
moving from "unstable" to "testing".

Thank you very much for any clue. Again, this is not a complaint,
and apology for my poor English.

Regards,

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------