Re: Mouse/X

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:06:16AM +0000, Olivier wrote:
> Quoting  "Paul M Foster" :
> > -- was paulf@quillandmouse.com on Mar 12, 2003 at 10:59:50 --
>
> > I'll give you the solution someone gave me on my system. I'm using a
> > Trident Cyberblade i/1 video card, so YMMV.
>
> That's quite interesting because my video card is a
> Trident Cyberblade i/7 ...

Same here ...

> > Go to your XF86Config-4 file (in /etc/X11) and find the section
> > pertaining to your video card. Within that section, add the following:
> >
> > Option 	"SWCursor" "on"
> >
> > What I was told is that this causes X to position the cursor, rather
> > than the video card (which apparently gets it wrong). Naturally, restart
> > X afterward.
>
> I will investigate this way and test a little (since the problem
> only appears from time to time) before reporting the results.

I missed the start of this thread, but if it's "X thinks I'm clicking
Zcm to the $LEFT_OR_RIGHT of where my mouse cursor actually is" (where
Z=1.5 and LEFT_OR_RIGHT=left for me), then this advice is correct.

I used to see the problem at least once a day (only solution was a
reboot, though I learned to mentally adjust the cursor position and
carry on regardless :-) but haven't seen it at all since adding the
SWCursor line (as detailed above) to my X config file about 1 month ago.

HTH,
  jc