Re: X-over cables [was Direct cable connection]

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:59:23PM -0800, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> It's somewhat pointless to have an adapter I would think since you are still
> going to need the male RJ-45 end on both ends.  If you going to carry and
> adapter and a cable isn't just as easy to carry two cables?  If you really
> want to do it, one easy way would be to butcher an existing patch cable and
> cut off one end and get one of the wall jack inserts for cat-5 and punch it
> down as a crossover.

male end of       Cross-over adapter
Rj-45 straight    that clips on the
through cable     end of rj-45 cable.

im sure i have seen one of these somewhere, just cant remember where!

your idea of making one isnt bad but if the 'adapter' is gonna be a
cable, as you say; i might as well just carry two cables.

hugh