Re: DVD Recording

Ron Johnson wrote:

Here's how I do it with a firewire DVD-RW drive:
make sure that these modules are loaded:
ieee1394
sbp2
raw1394
ohci1394

And this is compiled in the kernel:
udf support

Then...
Install cdrecord-ProDVD  (you'll have to go to the web site to get it.)

Next...
cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -v blank=fast
mkisofs -r -J -udf -o dvdrw.test.raw /usr/local/data/compaq
cdrecord-wrapper.sh dev=1,0,0 -v dvdrw.test.raw

Lastly, to verify...
modprobe -v udf
mount /dvd-rw

HTH,
Ron

My dvd is working fine. I can write cds, blank dvd, etc.
But, using mkisofs with a large file 2.8GB, I get "Value too large for the defined data type". Since a DVD 4.7GB is < than 2.8 GB why I cant create the filesystem, for then using dvdrecord burn the dvd?

Tanks.