Logging

I want to track down what is causing a problem for me, but I
need more info. What I'm asking about is, what can I do to
enable more logging of the kernel and possibly other
applications and driver modules?
A month ago I upgraded my box, and since then I am
experiencing stability problems under 3.0. The box locks up. I
have to hit reset. Its dead, no responce via network, etc. My
box is a BP6 dual celeron. Previously it was completely rock
solid. I've read all kinds of stuff about how BP6's suck, but
running under 2.2 for over 2 years (same install) I can count
the linux crashes on 1 maybe 2 fingers. And this box runs
24x7. I did make some minor changes to the hardware, so there
are lots of things that could be the source of the problem,
not just upgrading to 3.0. I changed from a regular lvd scsi
cable to a rounded one. I did the same for the ide CDROM and
my IDE diskdrive and my floppy. I also upgraded to a bigger,
electric blue colored power supply (call me a trendy bastard I
dont care). What I want is to be able to catch some indication
of what is happening when these lockups occur.
Thanks.