Re: How can I find out what MTA a debian machine is using?

    "stanb" == stanb  <stan> writes:

    stanb> Thinking that this should be simple, I looked in
    stanb> /etc/alternatives, but I did not see anything that looke
    stanb> liek a reference to an MTA there.

    stanb> Where else do I need to look? Might this be configured on a
    stanb> per user bassis? I don't think I did that.

I know you already have your answer, but one very simple way to
determine what software is running is often just to connect to it.

$ telnet localhost smtp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 rattler ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:17:11 -0600
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

Cheers!