Re: [newbie] Setting up network

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:32:27 +0200
Aryan Ameri <a.ameri@linuxiran.org> wrote:

> but it is so frustrating to issue these commands whenever I reboot my
> computer. I know there are ways to automate this proccess and there are
> progrms which setup the network on each boot. But I am not able to find out
> how. Can anyone please help?

First, read man interfaces. It has examples, and one of them will likely fit your situation. Then change /etc/network/interfaces.

I'm guessing you'll need a couple of lines like:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

In addition, find out what kernel module your network adapter uses. Look in /etc/modules; if the module isn't listed, add it.

Kevin