Re: about matrix text editing

Very quick solution using awk. I know there are other (more pretty) ways, but
this may get you started.

cat <filename> | awk '$0 ~ /^.*\t.*\t111.*/'

The regular expression matches:

So it looks for 111 in 3rd column separated by tabs (I included your column
with a, b, c in a little test so I had three columns).

Frans