Installing Intel compiler RPMs on Debian

Hi,

What is the recommended way to install the Intel Fortran and C/C++
compilers on Debian? They come as a set of RPMs. The RPMs do not
install on my Debian system, because  there are no RPMs installed
on my Debian system so it can't find any pre-requisites:

error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)

I suppose I could try to find where the RPMs want to install their
contents, and then try to install them myself manually.
This sounds dangerous and error-prone, however.
I gather this is a FAQ, "what to do when you have an RPM you want
to install on a Debian system?", but I could not find the answer.

Any tips appreciated,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, zender at uci dot edu, (949) 824-2987, Department of
Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100