Re: Need help using Belkin f5d5020 with network install

Am Sam, 2003-03-08 um 05.49 schrieb Bill Marcum:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 07:56:20PM +0100, Matthias Hentges wrote:
> > Am Don, 2003-03-06 um 11.24 schrieb Sean Melton:
> > >     Please help-
> > >
> > >     I am trying to install Debian on my laptop (HP Omnibook 4100)
> > > using my network.  I have a Belkin f5d5020 nic that the setup utility
> > > is not recognizing.  I enabled pcmcia support for the kernel (and the
> > > led's on the dongle lit up) but I am getting no love when it comes to
> > > finding the network device.  Basically I just need to know if one of
> > > the available modules will support my card, or if I'm screwed.
> > >
> > >     Thanks,
> > >
> > >     Sean
> > >

> > You may want to try the orinoco driver. A 20 second google search would
> > have told you that,too.
>
> Isn't the orinoco driver for wireless cards?  I have a Belkin f5d5020,
> it's a plain network card.  What you need to do is add these lines
> to /etc/pcmcia/config or /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
>
>    card "Belkin-5020"
>    version "Belkin" , "F5D5020-PCMCIA-Network-Card"
>    bind "pcnet_cs"

Woops, yes u r right. I misread F5D5020 with F5D6020 which is a WLAN
Card.

BTW: This is the result of my 20 sec Google search:
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Hardware-HOWTO/pcmcia.html
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice