Re: Orinocco Silver and wep encryption.

> If I configure the AP to use the key "qwert" and do on my linux box
> "iwconfig eth0 key s:qwert" it works fine (i.e. there are no error
> messages) beside that the connection does not work, only the "Rx invalid
> crypt" counter keeps increasing.

Just a check -- have you also set the ESSID to be consistent between the
two?  The mode?

I haven't tried to do what you've done, but I have succesfully used WEP
on an Orinoco gold between two cards in ad hoc mode, and I've used the
card with a non-trivial ESSID (but no WEP) with an access point.

What output do you get if you just type "iwconfig"?

-Rob

--
-=-=-= Rob Knop =-= rknop@pobox.com =-= http://www.pobox.com/~rknop =-=-=-
     Help the EFF protect basic freedoms online: http://www.eff.org