Re: Help! partition table!

This mail is solely to keep anyone up to date that was following this thread.

I tried to no success recover my data. I tried demos of expensive recovery software - and some could find superblocks, but not recover my files. It seems the message is quite clear - no FAT - no recovery. I've managed to recover parts of my kmailrc using search function on my 10 GB of data. This is doable for 1 file or so, but not for like the entire .kde directory, or multiple mails.

Well, I've now learned the hard way to in the future make backups. And don't touch that debian unstable boot cdrom! :-/

P.S. I've not yet reinstalled anything, so if anyone has suggestions of a file I should recover using the search utility, please tell me. (And of course a search token to look for so I can find the file.)