Re: Linux enigma

> Linux enigma:
> I recently tried to install SuSE linux on a workstation that does not
boot
> from CDROM.  There is a suse utility that writes installation files to
> windows HD but alas suse could not install and put on Debian.
HOWEVER! the
> suse installation utility created several directories that I cannot
> remove.  In the windows partition of this machine, I have a linux
directory
> where suse created a suse directory and a setup directory therein
> (windows/linux/suse/setup  -  when viewed from the now installed
debian
> partition). Inside of the setup directory is an entity called '/linux'
that
> I have tried to delete with rm and rmdir and get an error message:
>
> rm: cannot remove '/linux': No such file or directory
> rmdir: '/linux': No such file or directory

I'm really confused.  Why is this /linux and not
/windows/linux/suse/setup/linux since you said you see the full name of
the setup file from debian?

> when I try to access this entity with Midnight Commander (my trusted
friend
> from MSDOS days) I get the following message
>
> File '/linux' exists but can not be stat-ed: No such file or
directory.

OK, so /linux does exist, is it a hard/soft link?  Possibly a broken
soft link?  But then rm should work.  What am I missing?  What exactly
is /linux?