Re: Patched sendmail? testing?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:50:40AM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 02:44:41PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> > * stan <stanb@awod.com> [20030304 13:11 PST]:
> > > My point is that the testing release ahs proven to be stable in a
> > > production environemnt (for me at least), and has, for example, much more
> > > current perl modules, than stable. This is required for our software to
> > > work.
> >
> > Okay, so even if you've never used apt's pinning features
> > (apt_preferences(5)), I find it hard to believe you've never heard of
> > CPAN.
> I have, and I use it to update my HP-UX machines. I;m able to use FreeBSD's
> ports system to update those machines. I prefer to keep everything on the
> Debian machines handled by Debians excelent package management sytem. I
> have found thta when I go outside this mechanisim, I pay for it in the long
> run.

"apt-get install dh-make-perl", RTFM.  Enjoy.

PS: ispell is a spell checker. Use 'i' to call it from mutt. Your
    frequent spelling errors (to me) make your emails appear even more
    frenetic than you presumably intend them to be.

  What's needed is a certification system that separates those who
  can barely regurgitate what they crammed over the last few weeks
  from those who command secret ninja networking powers.