Re: External MySQL NAT Problems

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 16:53, GBV wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I using Debian 3.0r1 2.4.19
>
> When I try to access an external mysql host on internet by a windows
> MASQUERADE client using either MySQL-Front or Access ODBC, the
> connection is lost many times making windows crash.
>
> I´m using Iptables with NAT to all internal hosts.
>
> IC = internal client
> I = internet
> F = firewall and NAT
> ES = External mysql server
>
> IC <-> F <-> I <-> ES
>
> Someone has experience on this problem?

If it doesn't work *at all*, you might have forgotten the rule to accept
incoming connections if they're part of an established or related to an
established connection, something like this:

iptables -A INPUT -i interface_to_the_internet -m state \
--state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

If sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, then it's *probably* not
related to your iptables setup.  If you think it's the fault of iptables
anyway, you might want to post your iptables rules.

Aaron Isotton                                 [ http://www.isotton.com ]
--
My GPG public key:    64B3 080D 8D00 15A6 CA56  C8FF 9B61 CF29 F55B 1F2A

pubic hair, n.:
	Organic dental floss.