XDMCP and client requirements

I am trying to set up a XDMCP server and client. The client is a hacked Compaq Internet Appliance with 32MB RAM and an on-board flash disk holding the Linux image.

Problem is, about 45-seconds into the session, the client freezes.

Could it be that the client doesn't have enough RAM, and crashes?

I've accomplished pretty-much the same thing using VNC instead of XDMCP, but XDMCP is much more responsive for me, so I'd like to try that.

Thoughts?

- Bobman