Re: "resetting" a network card

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 08:13, mtsouk@freemail.gr wrote:
> Thanks for answering.
>
> I am afraid that this is not what I want:
> The problem is that the network card, after lots of data (about 4GB) -
> either in receive or in transmit, stops responding correctly.
> So I want to somehow "reset" in order to see if this will solve my
> problem.
>
> Any other ideas please?

I have used the following command, for a different reason, but I noticed
that it resets the statistics and it even works when I am accessing the
box through ssh:

where:
	netint - is eth0, eth1 or whatever
	netmod - is the name of the kernel module

Of course this only works if the network driver is not compiled into you
kernel.