Re: kernel-source-2.4.18-bf2.4?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:30:47PM -0600, Kris Kerwin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Something tells me this is a question that has already been asked, and that
> I'll probably be flamed for it, so, flame away!  :-)  Anyways - could anyone
> tell me where I could find the source for kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4?  I've checked
> in Debian's archives, as well as kernel.org and on Google.  Scary thing -
> Google either says it doesn't exist, or (more likely) I don't know where to
> begin to look.
>
> I'm looking to install ALSA and a (pirated) copy of VMWare, so if you can
> think of a better kernel for those (that has a source and image available), I
> could do with any help I can get. Thanks.

2.4.blah-bf2.4 is the install kernel.  The install guide talks more
about that.  You want to get a 'proper' kernel-image-2.4.18-<arch>
package, firstly.  As for the source sid, you usually only need the
approriate kernel headers, which can be found in the
'kernel-headers-2.4.18-<bleh>' package.  I think ALSA is an exception to
this general rule, though; have a look in the alsa-source package's
README.Debian.  No idea about VMWare, sorry.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/