apt-src question

Hi,

hope this is the correct place to ask. Why is it, that when I install a package with apt-src, and do an apt-get -u upgrade after that, that the package is to be 'upgraded' to another package of the exact same version from the debian server? Isn't it only supposed to upgrade if the version number has changed? Or do I need to do something special after installing the from-source package? This happens with every package, I tried 9. I am using an up-to-date sid.
Thanks, Simon