How can I power down the computer?

Greetings:

I was wondering if there is any option in which I can setup Debian to automatically power down my computer. So far whenever I issue the shutdown -h now command it does all what the OS needs to do but, it stop with a message of Power Down, like Now is save to turn your computer off, and I have to press the power bottom.

If there any way to configure debian so it does everything in one step and I don't need to press the power bottom after all?

Any suggestion will be apretiated.
Didier.

"Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and deluge the hoby market with good software"...Bill Gates 1976...We're still waiting