Chris,

Your /etc/network/interfaces should look like so:

iface eth0 inet static
	address  	192.168.0.1
	netmask  	255.255.255.0
	network  	192.168.0.0
	broadcast	192.168.0.255
	gateway	192.168.0.?? --> Whatever your default router/gateway
address is.

Actually the gateway shouldn't matter since the other host is on the same
subnet.  Again, you need to verify that the subnet mask for both hosts are
the same.

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell