Re: Patched sendmail? testing?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 07:58:37AM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:04:49PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Desktops are mostly RedHat
> > 6 or so, with some potato, a very little woody, or X terminals
> > connected to a potato server.  I have yet to receive a single
> > complaint from any of my users about the software being too old.

> You may have made my point for me :-)
>
> Is the reason that you have RedHat dekstops to have more modern Gnome or
> KDE packages?

Nope.  They're Red Hat because that's what they were running two
years ago[1] when I took over this network and I can't be bothered to
wipe them and install Debian.  They work, the users don't care how
old the software is, so why try to fix what's not (visibly)
broken?

> I really don't want to get nto the rpm *^LL biz!

Me neither.  That's why I tend to ignore them and just wait for the
hardware to fail so I can replace them with Debian boxes or X
terminals.

[1]  Or would that make them 5.x rather than 6.x?  My inability to
recall which version of RH they're running says a bit about how often
I need to deal with them...

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that