Re: Patched sendmail? testing?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:11:02PM -0500, stan wrote:
> Well, then shouldn't it allow "stable" to be released often enough that it
> acn be used in production> For instance how old are the prel modules, and
> devlopment environment in it? Ancinet by modern standards.

Heh...  I never can quite figure out why people keep asserting that
stable is too old for production systems.  My servers are all running
either woody (the current stable) or potato (the old stable (Oh my
god!  The software is three years old!)).  Desktops are mostly RedHat
6 or so, with some potato, a very little woody, or X terminals
connected to a potato server.  I have yet to receive a single
complaint from any of my users about the software being too old.

While I can accept that there are some people who need the latest
whiz-bang software to do their work, the vast majority of us don't.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that