Re: boolalpha (c++ question)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:29:15 -0500
Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:

> Second, question about how to best set up the dual compilers:  Like
> you, I'll use 2.95 to compile downloaded software, and 3.2 for stuff
> I write. Do you change the symlink in /usr/bin depending upon what
> you are doing? Is there a better way such that you won't forget to
> change that symlink cause I know sooner or later I'll forget.

I have the gcc symlinks point to 3.2 by default, when compiling
packages I do
export CC=gcc-2.95
export CXX=g++-2.95
export CPP=cpp-2.95

only the g++ one is really needed but I like to be extra safe, this
should work with most Makefiles.
cheers,
Alaa
--
get my PGP/GPG signature at
http://www.geocities.com/alaaov/pub_key.txt

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves possess.
        -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]