Re: commands within shell script

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 02:32:40PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:

> This is all consistent with what I've said.
> sleep is a process, not a builtin,

Yeah, I see, I had overlooked that 'built-in', that explains it.

> and shows up in the process list.  So, too, does the bash which
> is spawned to execute the shell script.
>
> I guess you're wondering why the script name doesn't show up
> like I said  it would.  Try it with a '#!/bin/bash',

Yeah, it works, I haven't know that without it, the shell won't
"get the name of the script" in 'ps' output

> You should always start your scripts with a shebang, otherwise they're
> really just text files that your shell has to guess what to do with.

Yes, I do it everytimes, but I just wanted to put it as short as
possible, and with that 'echo >' it was the shortest way how to
write the test.sh script.

> good times,
> Vineet

Good times to you.