Re: commands within shell script

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 02:47:49PM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> hey,
>
> by default, a shell script just appears as the script name in a list
> of processes (ps; top), right?  how can i make it show each command
> called within the script as it's being executed?

I don't think so, name of the script is not shown in ps,
because script is only the input file a new shell you execute.
And the commands it runns (e.g. who, ...) are properly displayed.

Try it.
put into file 'test.sh' line 'sleep 10'
then chmod +x on it, and then execute it,
in output you will see : the new shell, and sleep ...

Bye.
--
| Martin Kacerovsky                |