Re: Patched sendmail? testing?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:05:37PM -0500, stan wrote:
> Moving target or not, I think 200+ day uptimes ina 24x7 production
> environment say something about teh :stability" of the testing release.
> Therfore it appears to me to be the best choice for a production machine,
> assumng that you need anything like current software packages (such as perl
> modules). Therefore it _should_ be scure!

Stan, who are you and why you make such a demand?  Did you donated
$100,000,000 to SPI or Debian to dedicate 100 full time workers employed
for you to be satisfied?

Instead of flaming us, would you like to send a patch for it?
Really, if fixed version is available in unstable, just compile it
yourself.

testing are for testing.  I think once GCC issues get resolved, things
will move.   Priorities of testing security fixes are low and there are
much more things to fix before warring it.

So relax. Use stable or take care them by your self.  No one get paid by
you to maintain your box the way you want it.

Osamu
PS:  I am anxious to see testing getting new softwares from unstable.
And I think flavor discussion in debian-vote seems very exciting thing
for me.
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract