Driver for Broadcom Voice Modem in Debian

Hi:

 I recently got a 700X Gateway computer with a GTW V.92 modem
 (BROADCOM).  It had Windows XP but I was try also to install
 Debian (potato) and then upgrade to testing. I looked up google and
 Dell had put out a rpm driver for this but I was unable to convert this
 with alien.

 Has anyone any knowledge of a debian driver for this modem?

 Also, the Epson CS3200 printer is on a USB and there is an external
 ZIP disk also on USB. Both are not recognized by Linux. Even after O
 had succeeded in going from Linux 2.2.17 to 2.4.18, with USB support,
 these were not recognized and the  HOWTO's don't mention any external
 IOMEGA ZIP drives. ANy hints?

 Thanks.

--
Sebastian Canagaratna