Re: Kernel-sourcecode directory

Ok. So this is what you have to do:
Install kernel-source, which should be the same as the kernel running.

cd /usr/src
tar -jxf kernel-source-[your kernel]
ln -s kernel-source-[your kernel dir] linux
cd linux
make menuconfig

Choose "load an alternative conf" -> /boot/config-[your kernel]
Exit and save

Now go on with the installation of nvidia. As I said, this sux. Don't buy nvidia.
I did, and I won't do it again. ATI seem to help XFree86 with drivers.

Just ask if I didn't make my self understandable. :-)

hth,
/johan

Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

Hello for the 3rd time today,

I've downloaded the nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glc-src and read the documentation. You have to give a command wich gives this result:

We do not seem to be in a top level linux kernel source directory
tree. Since we are trying to make a kernel package, that does not make
sense.  Please change directory to a top level linux kernel source
directory, and try again. (If I am wrong, and this is indeed a top
level linux kernel source directory, then I have gotten sadly out of
date with current kernels, and you should upgrade kernel-package)

So I downloaded the kernel-source-2.4.18 and installed that package. I searched my computer but I can't find the correct directory. I still get this message.

Does someone know where to find this directory/how to install the nvidia drivers?

HTH,
Willem-Jan Meijer

--
Johan Ehnberg