Re: lost sound ,help

woodchild@sohu.com wrote:

>   I'm a new one who use The Debian.I installed it but I can't make
>sound card work ,can you tell me the command file name of the setup of the
>sound device,and path ,thank you
>
>wood

Debian, not being quite so consumer oriented as some of the other
distros, doesn't have a single command to setup the sound device. It's
considerably more complicated than that.

If it's a PCI device, run "lspci" to find out what type of device it is.
Then run "modconf" to insert the correct module for that device.
Assuming you get that far, you can then run your sound applications.

Kent