Re: Network config help needed

chris1622@telia.com wrote:

Please help me
I'm trying to connect two pc's, but I allways get the message "unable to connect to remote host: No route to host". What am I missing?

My config for pc1 looks like this:
ifconfig eth0 netmask up
rout add -host eth0

"route -n" output:  UH  0  0  0  eth0    UH  0  0  0  eth0

domain	home
search	home

You shouldn't need a route for the other host. Because they are on the same subnet, broadcasts should see that machine. Remove the route for and try it again. If you still can't see it, I would guess that you have a subnet mask problem on one of the two machines.

Barry deFreese
Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"
Registered Linux "Newbie" #302256 - Debian Developer Wannabe

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
winning." Rich Cook.