Re: Exim error

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 03:21:45PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Eduardo (listas.linux@terra.com.br) [030225 11:08]:
> > Hi people, my exim (now after some more configurations done) I'm
> > receving this kind of error in my exim log.
> > Any knows what is this ?
> >

> > 2003-02-25 13:38:08 18nE7f-0005Nc-00 Message is frozen
> > 2003-02-25 13:38:08 18nDzq-0005Lu-00 Message is frozen
>
> These are old messages frozen in your mail queue.  You can see their
> metadata with the 'mailq' command.  Then you can use exim to either
> throw them away or try to re-deliver them, (but first you'll have to fix
> the problem that prevented their delivery in the first place or change
> their destination addresses to something that will work).
> >
> > And, the line:
> >
> > Message is frozen
> >
> > is appearing very many times in the log, is this normal ?
>
> You should deal with those frozen messages.  Start with mailq, then read
> the exim manpage to see how to use -M , -Mrm , -Mar , -Mg , -Mmd , etc.
> to process those frozen messages.

i get lots of those frozen puppies too, but they're almost ALL
due to spam attempts (reply-to or envelope sender are munged to
prevent us from figuring out who sent them so they can't bounce
properly)...

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #74 from USM Bish <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in>
:
Want to AUTOMATICALLY SIGN OUTGOING MAIL WITH PGP IN MUTT?
After "apt-get install pgp" first generate your keys, then
add the following to your ~/.muttrc:
	set pgp_default_version=gpg
	set pgp_autosign
	set pgp_sign_as=<your key id>